Friday, November 20, 2009

Apple Juice Teriyaki Chicken

It's been a while since I have written a post, and I figured food is always get back in to the groove. This is a recipe that I started working on while I was in Texas get off active duty. I wanted teriyaki chicken, but did not have any sugar or some other thing need to make it. With work, I have come up with a pretty tasty marinade with no added sugar. It would be good for people trying to cut down on their sugar intake.



Pictured is a thigh marinaded in the sauce, wrapped around asparagus, and grilled. It is served with jasmine rice and pineapple, and garnished with toasted sesame seeds.

The recipe is as follows:
Ingredients

1/4 cup Apple Juice or Cider (Unsweetened)
2 Table Spoons Rice Wine Vinegar *
2 Table Spoons Soy Sauce
1/4 teaspoon Fresh Minced Garlic 
1/4 teaspoon Fresh Minced or Grated Ginger


Mix all ingredients it a one gallon ziplock freezer bag. Marinade chicken in the sauce for 4-24 hours in the fridge. Makes enough sauce to marinade 4-6 chicken breasts or thighs.
* Do not use white wine or distilled vinegars. Rice wine vinegar is slightly sweet and adds to the flavor.

I hope you enjoy the recipe. It is delicious and nutritious.


No comments:

Post a Comment