Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Bike


Last weekend, I bought an old bike to fix up for my wife. It appears to be a 60's or 70's Huffy. (It is definitely an old Huffy). I have completely taken the bike apart, and have started the process of removing the paint and rust. As you can see in the picture, cosmetically it is a little rough and it will need a small amount of mechanical work done, but it seems to be structural sound. I think it will turn out nicely.

My wife wants it chocolate brown with robins' egg blue accents. I figure I'll probably also add a few small light pink stripes and/or details. To really feminize the bike, I'd like to add an off-white or cream seat as well as handle grips. It might be a while before the project is complete, but I will make updates with the progress.

-Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment