Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Catching Up

I took a little time off from the blog, but this entry will catch things up.

Workout: I put up 280lbs on bench yesterday, but only got six reps. I'll probably try 285lbs next week. I'm getting there.

The Bike: I've got a lot of the paint and rust off of the frame. I still need to work on the forks and other painted parts.

Life: Well, I'm still unemployed (after about a year and a half it is no real surprise). We did get a KitchenAid last week. It make bread baking and other kitchen activities so much easier. For years, I have been making a slightly sweet Country Crust Bread (I'll post the recipe later). With hand kneading, the bread turns out rather dense with a wonderfully thick and tasty crust. Using the KitchenAid, I made two light, fluffy loaves with the same wonderful crust. The bread made amazing french toast, and good ham and cheese sandwiches (I do prefer the denser bread for ham and cheese). My pretzels also turned out so much better.

Final word on the KitchenAid: Hand kneading is a great forearm workout, but the baked goods produced using the KitchenAid turn out better. I'll have to find a different way to punish my forearms.

-Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment